Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy New Year!...Spring 2008



Ok, so its not a new year, but as everything is waking up for the spring, I feel like this new birth needs a better description than just "spring".

Sorry to the 4 people who read this blog regularly for such a long absence and no new posts. Winter sucks and I just don't want to think about much of anything. I try to wile the time away reading, knitting/crocheting and just hibernating in general.

So, for this new year of planting, I have some neat new things to share. Last year's garden was about 25 feet x 10-12 feet. This year, I am going nuts and have planted about 75 feet x 10-12 feet. Yep, I know that's a large leap, but I kept wishing for more space last year and, ironically, now that I have more space, I want EVEN MORE space. I guess I'll just fill up any space no matter how big or small.

I am going to try to work on a schematic of the garden this year to post, but in the meantime, I have some pictures to add and I'll stick the list of things up as well.




















This is a nice pic of Daisy's bum. Also you can see the herb garden.



Great pic of my established herb garden. The far right is bee balm (used for tea), there are tons of onions, and in the back some spearmint, thyme (in bloom) and lavander.



This is last years parsley (its perennial). Its nearly five foot high. Awesome!



Onion, thyme and clover. Ah, so pretty.

No comments:

Shiny Stat Reports

FreePoverty